Trying to find better insurance prices for a car in North Carolina can turn out to be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to save time.
There are more efficient ways to find insurance online and you need to know the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a and get the lowest price from both online companies and Apex agents.
Finding quotes for affordable car insurance in Apex is not that difficult. If you have coverage now or need a new policy, you can use this information to find the best rates without sacrificing coverage. Vehicle owners just need to understand the quickest method to compare company rates online.
The car insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Apex, NC. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$672||$336||$56|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$704||$352||$59|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$1,072||$536||$89|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$592||$296||$49|
|Ford F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$616||$308||$51|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$732||$366||$61|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$876||$438||$73|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$730||$365||$61|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,032||$516||$86|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$942||$471||$79|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,056||$528||$88|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$852||$426||$71|
|Volkswagen Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$822||$411||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect prices noticeably.
Males versus Females
The example below shows the comparison of annual premium costs for male and female drivers in Apex. The price estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration on a Honda Accord EX-L.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Discounts mean cheaper rates
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you can get discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Anti-theft System - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Claims - Apex drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Senior Citizens - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get reduced rates.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Apex auto insurance online.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Apex drivers who agree to allow data collection to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies don't profit that way.
To choose insurers that offer multiple discounts in North Carolina, click here to view.
It's not one size fits all
When selecting coverage for your vehicles, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Components of your insurance policy rates
It's important that you understand some of the factors that help determine car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find big savings.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
More miles equals more premium - The more you drive each year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It's a good idea to make sure your policy reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Better prices with anti-theft devices - Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
High insurance claims frequency drives up premiums - Insurance companies in North Carolina provide cheaper rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Urban areas may pay more - Being located in less populated areas is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer people means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Residents of big cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
Insure your auto and home with one company - Lots of insurance companies provide better rates to clients who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's still a good idea to compare other rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may save money by insuring with multiple companies.
Get hitched and pay less - Walking down the aisle may save some money on car insurance. Marriage translates into being more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Even though rates can get expensive, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $869 every year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
As you prepare to switch companies, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost car insurance in Apex can be sourced on the web and with local Apex insurance agents, so get free Apex auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don't offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions and policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Jacksonville, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Indian Trail, NC? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)