If you're trying to find more affordable insurance, do you get frustrated by the wide range of insurance providers in your area? Lot's of other drivers are too. North Carolina vehicle owners have so many choices that it can turn into a difficult mission to find the perfect company for you. Raleigh is a good city to live in, but expensive insurance makes it difficult to afford coverage.
Amazingly, almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Drivers in North Carolina could save approximately $90 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare other rate quotes.
It's important to shop coverage around as often as possible because insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the lowest rates on Audi R8 insurance in Raleigh a year ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. There is a lot of bad information regarding R8 insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn the easiest ways to buy insurance cheaper in Raleigh.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area helps improve the odds of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company provides Raleigh R8 insurance quotes over the internet, so it's important to compare price estimates from them, too.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|R8 4.2 Quattro||$206||$456||$256||$16||$76||$1,010||$84|
|R8 4.2 Quattro||$270||$584||$256||$16||$76||$1,202||$100|
|R8 5.2 Quattro 10Cyl||$346||$736||$254||$16||$76||$1,428||$119|
|R8 5.2 Quattro 10Cyl||$400||$856||$256||$16||$76||$1,604||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in Raleigh location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates greatly.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Audi R8 insurance costs for each different age category. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why you need R8 insurance in North Carolina
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi R8 insurance, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Audi R8, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $810 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Save money with these nine discounts
Some companies don't always list all discounts very clearly, so the below list has some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to you. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Organization Discounts - Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Raleigh may earn a discount on your bill.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- ABS Brakes - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting car insurance coverage on a new R8 may earn a small discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed with a military unit may lower your prices slightly.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some car insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Raleigh car insurance online.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
If you want affordable Raleigh car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Local Raleigh insurance agents and auto insurance
Many drivers still prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Raleigh.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in Raleigh can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will want to compare prices from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following are independent agents in Raleigh that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Bagwell and Bagwell Insurance
2626 Glenwood Ave #300 - Raleigh, NC 27608 - (919) 832-6667 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Carter Glass Insurance Agency
5901 Falls of Neuse Rd - Raleigh, NC 27609 - (919) 872-1778 - View Map
- G. Suggs Insurance Agency, Inc.
1025 Bullard Ct - Raleigh, NC 27615 - (919) 875-8889 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following are Raleigh exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Mary Wilson - State Farm Insurance - Raleigh
9660 Falls of Neuse Rd #165 - Raleigh, NC 27615 - (919) 872-1225 - View Map
- Cecil Burt - State Farm Insurance Agent
6837 Falls of Neuse Rd #104 - Raleigh, NC 27615 - (919) 846-8006 - View Map
- Anthony Sykes - State Farm Insurance Agent
4030 Wake Forest Rd Ste 106 - Raleigh, NC 27609 - (919) 850-0560 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Raleigh should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Raleigh?
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and comparing your policy, there is no one size fits all plan. You are unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent's help.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Does my Audi R8 qualify for pleasure use?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types available from car insurance companies.
Medical payments and PIP coverage - Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses such as dental work, prosthetic devices and surgery. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive auto coverage - Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability insurance - Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. North Carolina state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Collision coverage - This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your R8 to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage - Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (North Carolina limits are 30/60/25), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Do the work, save more money
We just covered many ideas to find cheap Audi R8 insurance in Raleigh. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
A few companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers work with independent insurance agencies. Cheaper car insurance in Raleigh is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in Raleigh, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional car insurance information can be found at the links below
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable North Carolina Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)