How long has it been since you shopped around for the cheapest insurance rates in Huntersville, NC? Having to pay for high-priced insurance in Huntersville can eat up your checking account and force you to tighten up your finances. Doing a price comparison is a fast and free way to make ends meet.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most insurance buyers in North Carolina have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. The average driver in America could cut their rates by almost 47% a year just by comparing rates, but they don't understand how simple it is to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
Big companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO increase brand awareness with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Consumers need to do price comparisons at least once a year since rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best deal on insurance six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're about to find out how to use the internet to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on insurance.
To find the best car insurance rates, there are several ways to get quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The best method to find affordable insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Getting free rates online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to spend time driving to each insurance agency near you. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the professional abilities that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although you can price shop online but have a local Huntersville agent actually write the policy. Just remember that more quotes helps increase your odds of locating a better price.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Huntersville, NC. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$972||$486||$81|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$840||$420||$70|
|Ford Edge Limited 2WD||$862||$431||$72|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$688||$344||$57|
|Ford F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$810||$405||$68|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$972||$486||$81|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$490||$245||$41|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$836||$418||$70|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$818||$409||$68|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$876||$438||$73|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$862||$431||$72|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$688||$344||$57|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$928||$464||$77|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$698||$349||$58|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$930||$465||$78|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$784||$392||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact prices significantly.
Impact of careless driving on car insurance rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents raise Chevrolet Tahoe insurance rates for different age groups. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Car insurance policy discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you. If they aren't giving you every credit possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Huntersville auto insurance quote.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Distant College Student Discount - Any of your kids who are attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Early Signing - Some companies provide a discount for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Huntersville auto insurance online.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Driver Safety - Participating in a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow their company to look at their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get reduced rates.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- American Family may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, early bird, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for good student, youthful driver, safe driver, driver training, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, accident-free, good student, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- Travelers offers discounts for continuous insurance, new car, multi-car, save driver, home ownership, and good student.
- The Hartford discounts include air bag, good student, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, and driver training.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, membership and employees, multi-policy, air bags, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply to policies in your state.
Car insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
Third, car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.