Locating the cheapest insurance for your Ford Fusion in North Carolina can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to save time. There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Ford and find the best price possible either online or from Charlotte insurance agents.
Most of the larger companies such as State Farm and Allstate provide coverage prices on the web. The process is pretty easy because you just enter the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. When complete, the quote system will order your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on many factors.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it's very important to perform this step if you are searching for the best rate.
To find out what other companies charge, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you replicate the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$92||$174||$240||$14||$72||$592||$49|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$104||$200||$234||$14||$70||$622||$52|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$594||$404||$24||$122||$1,376||$115|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$104||$200||$234||$14||$70||$622||$52|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$470||$282||$16||$84||$1,060||$88|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$340||$336||$20||$100||$962||$80|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$192||$408||$302||$18||$90||$1,010||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower coverage rates considerably.
Gender differences in car insurance premiums
The illustration below compares Ford Fusion yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why you need quality insurance for your Fusion
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be available discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but some must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Distant Student - Kids living away from Charlotte attending college and don't have a car could get you a discount.
- Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Fusion insurance in Charlotte.
- Sign Early and Save - Some companies provide a discount for switching companies early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you're out of luck. But all discounts will definitely lower the amount you have to pay.
Some companies that possibly offer these discounts are:
If you need inexpensive Charlotte car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Charlotte.
Compare rates but work with a local neighborhood Charlotte car insurance agent
Some consumers still prefer to have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. Any agent in Charlotte should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
Once you have reasonable responses to these questions as well as a price you're happy with, chances are good that you have found an insurance company that is a good match to insure your vehicles. Keep in mind you can cancel coverage for any reason so don't think you are locked into any specific agency with no way out.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing the best car insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Who is covered when they drive my Ford Fusion?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Specific coverages for a Ford Fusion
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hail damage, a broken windshield, hitting a bird, fire damage and theft. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's not worth carrying full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and damage to your Ford Fusion.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (North Carolina limits are 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This pays for damage to your Fusion caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Fusion to bring the cost down.
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other's property or people by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 30/60/25 that means you have a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability can pay for claims such as court costs, medical services, pain and suffering, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. North Carolina state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for chiropractic care, X-ray expenses, hospital visits and nursing services. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
We've covered a lot of information how to lower your Ford Fusion insurance rates in Charlotte. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Charlotte car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best rates are with a lesser-known regional company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
More affordable auto insurance in Charlotte can be purchased both online in addition to many Charlotte insurance agents, so get free Charlotte car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not have online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for College Students in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Indian Trail, NC? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Greensboro, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)