How many times have you told yourself to find the cheapest insurance rates in Mooresville, NC? I doubt anyone likes having to buy insurance, especially when they know they are paying too much.
Remarkably, a study showed that most insurance buyers in North Carolina have remained with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. U.S. drivers could save roughly 47% a year by just shopping around, but they just feel it's too hard to compare rates.
Lots of car insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute best price available on insurance.
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes is to understand all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as the year, make and model of vehicles, how much education you have, your job, and if a SR-22 is required. That rating data is submitted instantly to insurance companies and they respond with quotes instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Mooresville.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$670||$335||$56|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$756||$378||$63|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$874||$437||$73|
|Ford Edge Sport 2WD||$720||$360||$60|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$722||$361||$60|
|Ford Explorer Limited 2WD||$708||$354||$59|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$614||$307||$51|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$820||$410||$68|
|Ford Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$874||$437||$73|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$902||$451||$75|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$732||$366||$61|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,098||$549||$92|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$812||$406||$68|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$592||$296||$49|
|Toyota Camry SE||$884||$442||$74|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$942||$471||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can impact premiums considerably.
Cautious drivers save money
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accident claims drive up Toyota Camry premium costs for different age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Mooresville overpays as much as $855 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Smaller companies may have the best rates
Car insurance providers like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads on television and other media. They all seem to seem to make the promise about saving some big amount if you move your coverage to them. But how can every company save you money on car insurance? Here is the trick they use.
Most companies have an ideal profile for a prospective insured they prefer to insure. An example of a profitable customer could be over the age of 45, has no claims, and does not commute to work. Anyone that hits that "sweet spot" will most likely get cheap rates and will most likely save money with a new company.
Drivers who cannot meet the requirements will get higher premium rates and ends up with the prospect going elsewhere. The ads state "customers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save the amount stated. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. This illustrates why drivers should get Mooresville auto insurance quotes from several different companies. Because without a comparison, you cannot know the company that will provide the lowest car insurance in Mooresville.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there's a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Professional Memberships - Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your bill.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Mooresville auto insurance with some insurance companies.
- Sign Early and Save - Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Military Rewards - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- New Car Discount - Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Some companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with the best discounts in North Carolina, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Mooresville car insurance agents?
Some consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Mooresville who will give you bids for your business. You never need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You'll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does their agency support local causes in Mooresville?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
Persistence pays off
We just showed you a lot of ways to compare car insurance prices in Mooresville. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Discount car insurance in Mooresville is possible both online and from local agencies, so you need to quote Mooresville auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent agencies.