Are you sick of overpaying and want the cheapest insurance rates in Wake Forest, NC? Shopping for cheap quotes may be rather difficult for beginners to buying insurance on the internet. With so many insurance agents and online companies available, how are drivers able to have time to compare every one to find better prices?
It's shocking but the vast majority of insurance customers have been with the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Many drivers in Wake Forest could cut their rates by as much as $90 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
Auto insurance companies in North Carolina
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Wake Forest, NC. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 2WD||$794||$397||$66|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT 2WD||$580||$290||$48|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$916||$458||$76|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$744||$372||$62|
|Ford Explorer XLT 2WD||$616||$308||$51|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$670||$335||$56|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$830||$415||$69|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$756||$378||$63|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$722||$361||$60|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$820||$410||$68|
|Honda Odyssey Touring||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$754||$377||$63|
|Kia Optima EX||$892||$446||$74|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$674||$337||$56|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$972||$486||$81|
|Toyota Corolla S||$876||$438||$73|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$708||$354||$59|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Wake Forest which can decrease or increase premium rates substantially.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Honda Civic insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no set rule to eliminate physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Honda Civic settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The diagram below shows the difference between auto insurance costs for male and female drivers in Wake Forest. The data is based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied on a Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Companies don't always advertise every policy discount very well, so below is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Membership in Organizations - Joining a civic or occupational organization in Wake Forest is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Defensive Driving Course - Completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Onboard Data Collection - Wake Forest drivers who agree to allow companies to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, you won't be that lucky.
Larger car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, defensive driver, federal employee, military active duty, air bags, multi-policy, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for drive less, safe driver, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, passive restraint, multiple autos, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, good driver, claim-free, accident-free
- 21st Century may offer discounts for air bags, driver training, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, theft prevention, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your area. To see a list of companies who offer car insurance discounts in North Carolina, click here.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When it comes to choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. You are unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in North Carolina?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on car insurance in Wake Forest. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Wake Forest auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
Discount car insurance in Wake Forest can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, so get free Wake Forest auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
More detailed car insurance information is available in these articles:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable North Carolina Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Rocky Mount, NC? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)