Are you regretting the purchase of an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? You're preaching to the choir because many consumers are feeling buyer's remorse and feel like there's no way out.
Unthinkable but true, a large majority of insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Greensboro can cut their rates by nearly 10% a year, but most just don't grasp how much they could save if they just switched companies.
Since consumers have many insurance companies to choose from, it can be challenging to choose the lowest cost company.
You should take the time to compare prices at least once a year because insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Dodge Ram insurance in Greensboro at your last renewal you will most likely find a better price today. There are a lot of ways to save on Ram insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you're going to learn some guaranteed methods to buy insurance cheaper in Greensboro.
All major insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get prices from their websites. Doing online quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in Greensboro is pretty painless because it's just a matter of typing in your coverage information on the page. Upon sending the form, the quote system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on these factors. The ability to get online quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in Greensboro makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find a lower rate.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter the coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Greensboro, NC. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$166||$262||$318||$18||$96||$860||$72|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$136||$218||$264||$16||$80||$714||$60|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$132||$234||$340||$20||$102||$828||$69|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$208||$380||$296||$18||$88||$990||$83|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$188||$328||$270||$16||$80||$882||$74|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$148||$250||$380||$22||$114||$914||$76|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$196||$322||$380||$22||$114||$1,034||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$232||$438||$366||$22||$110||$1,168||$97|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$152||$256||$318||$18||$96||$840||$70|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$232||$470||$318||$18||$96||$1,134||$95|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$262||$446||$286||$16||$86||$1,096||$91|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$186||$318||$264||$16||$80||$864||$72|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$258||$516||$366||$22||$110||$1,272||$106|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$116||$204||$270||$16||$80||$686||$57|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$128||$236||$318||$18||$96||$796||$66|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$128||$236||$318||$18||$96||$796||$66|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$232||$470||$318||$18||$96||$1,134||$95|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$220||$352||$290||$18||$86||$966||$81|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$190||$348||$286||$16||$86||$926||$77|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$276||$440||$368||$22||$110||$1,216||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in Greensboro location which can change rates greatly.
Liability only or full coverage
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The prices are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There isn't a steadfast formula for excluding comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Dodge Ram replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Here's why insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Ram insurance, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge, more than likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Dodge Ram and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Ram definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Many different elements are considered when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Do you know you're credit history? - Having a bad credit history is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Ram if you improve your credit rating.
- Infrequent drivers can save - The more you drive in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It's always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Ram is just wasting money.
- Does auto insurance cost more for guys? - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don't assume that females are better drivers. Females and males get in fender benders at about the same rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Traffic violations inflate rates - Having just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten dangerous violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Eliminate unneeded extra policy coverages - There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't diligent. Things like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Uninterrupted coverage lowers rates - Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a sure-fire way to increase your car insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage will get you fines or a revoked license.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Greensboro
Companies offering auto insurance do not list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you. If you're not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers that enable driving data submission to analyze when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system like Allstate's Drivewise may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less may allow you to get substantially lower car insurance rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Pay Early and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- E-sign Discounts - A few companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for Good Grades - A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Bundle and Save - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren't that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your policy premiums.
Car insurance companies that may include some of the above discounts are:
If you need low cost Greensboro auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Savings might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer cheap Dodge Ram insurance quotes in North Carolina, click here to view.
Compare prices but still have a local Greensboro insurance agency
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing insurance online is that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agents is important particularly in Greensboro.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Greensboro who want to provide quotes to get your business. You never need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
When searching for a good Greensboro insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Greensboro are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we recommend you include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
The following are Greensboro independent agents who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents are trained well on what they offer which can be an advantage.
The following are Greensboro exclusive agencies that can give you price quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Upon getting positive feedback to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can insure your vehicles.
Smart shoppers get results
Low-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Greensboro can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood Greensboro agents, so you need to shop Greensboro auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Dodge Ram insurance premium rates in Greensboro. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Greensboro auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Additional insurance information can be found at the links below
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)