Comparison shopping for more affordable Honda Civic insurance in Raleigh may be kind of frustrating for beginners to quoting and comparing prices online. You have so many options available that it can easily become a ton of work to locate the lowest price in North Carolina.
Shockingly, a large majority of insurance policyholders in North Carolina have been with the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in America can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don't believe the actual amount they would save if they switched.
It's a good habit to quote other rates before your next renewal because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the lowest price on Honda Civic insurance in Raleigh a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. There is lot of inaccurate information about Civic insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best techniques to find cheap insurance in Raleigh.
These tips will teach you the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the concepts you're about to learn. But North Carolina car owners need to learn the way insurance companies set your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
What Determines Honda Civic Insurance Costs?
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining car insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
- Bundle policies and save money - Lots of car insurance companies provide a discount to clients who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Good credit equals lower premiums - Having a good credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. Insureds that have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Honda Civic if you improve your credit rating.
- Amount of liability coverage - Your car insurance policy's liability coverage kicks in when you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- More performance means higher premiums - The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Due to the fact that the Honda Civic is classified as a passenger car, rates will be similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Raleigh. Economy passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Cheaper car insurance rates with safer cars - Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Male premiums may be higher - Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn't mean women are better drivers. Males and females are in fender benders at about the same rate, but men cause more damage. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Honda Civic insurance claim data - Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when setting premium rates. Vehicles that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher premium rates. The data below shows the historical loss data for Honda Civic vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more losses or tendancy to have larger claims.
Honda Civic Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Civic 92 105 68 127 135 121 Honda Civic Hybrid 90 85 106 105 78 Honda Civic Si 126 97 117 124 104
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buy Raleigh Honda Civic insurance online
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from many available auto insurance companies in North Carolina. The recommended way to find competitive Honda Civic insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$94||$188||$256||$16||$76||$630||$53|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$90||$248||$282||$16||$84||$720||$60|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$470||$336||$20||$100||$1,112||$93|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$118||$240||$408||$24||$122||$912||$76|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$446||$262||$16||$78||$962||$80|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$374||$254||$16||$76||$882||$74|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$182||$514||$318||$18||$96||$1,128||$94|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$192||$440||$250||$14||$74||$970||$81|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$184||$514||$282||$16||$84||$1,080||$90|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$166||$432||$326||$20||$98||$1,042||$87|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$540||$336||$20||$100||$1,210||$101|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$134||$348||$326||$20||$98||$926||$77|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$432||$324||$20||$96||$1,080||$90|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$212||$572||$376||$22||$112||$1,294||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise coverage prices greatly.
Honda Civic annual premiums for males versus females
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Honda Civic car insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders can impact Honda Civic annual premium costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Honda Civic insurance, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Raleigh is overpaying over $865 each year so it's important to compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Affordable Honda Civic insurance in Raleigh
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Organization Discounts - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on car insurance.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers have much lower rates as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Distant Student Discount - Kids who are attending college and don't have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Raleigh auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap Civic insurance.
- E-sign - A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up on the web.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Successfully completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Auto insurance companies who may offer these discounts include:
It's a good idea to ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area. To see insurance companies who offer free Honda Civic insurance quotes in Raleigh, click this link.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Raleigh.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to companies in Raleigh that can provide free Raleigh auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won't need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How are claims handled?
- How are they compensated?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
When do I need an agent's advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What is the minimum liability in North Carolina?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Insurance savings summarized
Affordable Honda Civic insurance in Raleigh is attainable from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims or denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
When searching for low cost Raleigh auto insurance quotes, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
More detailed insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Wilson, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Salisbury, NC? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)