Have you fallen victim to overpriced Ford F-150 insurance in Raleigh? You're in good company because there are many Raleigh consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance.
Shocking but true, most consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in Raleigh could save $94 every year just by comparing rates, but they just don't want to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Numerous insurance companies battle for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and get the definite lowest price on Ford F-150 insurance in Raleigh.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes every six months because insurance rates change regularly. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Ford F-150 insurance in Raleigh a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better prices now. There is a lot of wrong information about F-150 insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you're going to learn the best ways to buy car insurance cheaper in Raleigh.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas presented in this article. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Raleigh is much easier if you know where to start. Nevertheless, North Carolina car owners must comprehend how companies charge you for coverage because rates are impacted by many factors.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing more prices will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in North Carolina. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$160||$256||$282||$16||$84||$798||$67|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$80||$140||$234||$14||$70||$538||$45|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$118||$210||$282||$16||$84||$710||$59|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$168||$266||$250||$14||$74||$772||$64|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$156||$214||$326||$20||$98||$814||$68|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$122||$182||$240||$14||$72||$630||$53|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$148||$222||$234||$14||$70||$688||$57|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$244||$318||$326||$20||$98||$1,006||$84|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$132||$206||$336||$20||$100||$794||$66|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$152||$210||$254||$16||$76||$708||$59|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$188||$306||$302||$18||$90||$904||$75|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$220||$266||$326||$20||$98||$930||$78|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$134||$210||$262||$16||$78||$700||$58|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$170||$242||$324||$20||$96||$852||$71|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$268||$392||$336||$20||$100||$1,116||$93|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$174||$248||$302||$18||$90||$832||$69|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$196||$322||$336||$20||$100||$974||$81|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$128||$230||$324||$20||$96||$798||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$208||$398||$282||$16||$84||$988||$82|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$186||$322||$234||$14||$70||$826||$69|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$268||$476||$336||$20||$100||$1,200||$100|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$208||$380||$282||$16||$84||$970||$81|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$186||$318||$282||$16||$84||$886||$74|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$186||$318||$262||$16||$78||$860||$72|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$170||$296||$324||$20||$96||$906||$76|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$208||$432||$324||$20||$96||$1,080||$90|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$208||$446||$282||$16||$84||$1,036||$86|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$104||$200||$234||$14||$70||$622||$52|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$268||$470||$336||$20||$100||$1,194||$100|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$208||$374||$282||$16||$84||$964||$80|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$170||$302||$262||$16||$78||$828||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in Raleigh location which can lower or raise premium rates significantly.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The example below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in North Carolina. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no written rule of when to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford F-150 settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $300 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Annual premiums comparing men and women in Raleigh
The example below shows the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance policy discounts for Ford F-150 insurance in Raleigh
Companies that sell car insurance don't necessarily list every discount they offer very well, so the below list has both the well known and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Drivers Education - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Good Student - Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations - Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Raleigh is a simple method to lower premiums on your next insurance statement.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Raleigh, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Raleigh insurance agencies?
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower premium rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local agencies is important especially in Raleigh.
By using this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. You don't have to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Raleigh for you
When researching a local Raleigh insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's a good idea to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Below is a list of independent agents in Raleigh that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Raleigh exclusive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Choosing an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Raleigh, get answers to these questions.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Raleigh?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Ford F-150 Insurance Costs
Lots of things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine premiums.
- Auto insurance rates and your employer - Jobs such as military personnel, social workers and emergency personnel generally pay higher premium rates due to job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other careers like professors, athletes and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Big city or small town - Being located in less populated areas has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. People in densely populated areas regularly have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Insurance companies don't like frequent auto insurance claims - If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in North Carolina award the best rates to drivers who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Liability limits should be high - Liability coverage will afford coverage if you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide for a legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Annual mileage and car insurance premiums - The higher the mileage driven in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your auto insurance coverage correctly shows the correct usage. Incorrect rating for your F-150 is throwing money out the window.
- Ford F-150 insurance loss statistics - Insurers analyze the history of losses to help determine rates. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford F-150 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendancy to have larger claims.
Ford F-150 Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your Ford vehicle and other assets
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Raleigh, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your F-150, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Ford. It also can pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your F-150 definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheap auto insurance premiums are out there
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced Ford F-150 insurance in Raleigh can be sourced from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider can be pretty painless.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable North Carolina Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Salisbury, NC? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)