Buying cheaper Charlotte Ford F-150 insurance quotes on the web might appear difficult for drivers not familiar with buying their car insurance on the internet. With a ridiculous number of insurance companies available, how can anyone even start to compare all the different companies and get the lowest price?
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Drivers in North Carolina could save nearly $90 every year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to find cheap car insurance rates.
Finding Ford F-150 insurance in Charlotte, North Carolina
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies will enable you to find the best price. Some smaller insurers do not give online Charlotte F-150 insurance quotes, so it's important to compare price estimates from them, too.
The following companies offer quotes in Charlotte, NC. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$156||$168||$326||$20||$98||$768||$64|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$90||$172||$282||$16||$84||$644||$54|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$118||$210||$282||$16||$84||$710||$59|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$118||$168||$326||$20||$98||$730||$61|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$132||$210||$254||$16||$76||$688||$57|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$116||$164||$254||$16||$76||$626||$52|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$134||$222||$282||$16||$84||$738||$62|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$220||$266||$326||$20||$98||$930||$78|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$150||$226||$240||$14||$72||$702||$59|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$244||$318||$326||$20||$98||$1,006||$84|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$210||$366||$302||$18||$90||$986||$82|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$114||$190||$324||$20||$96||$744||$62|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$208||$312||$254||$16||$76||$866||$72|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$130||$164||$254||$16||$76||$640||$53|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$186||$274||$282||$16||$84||$842||$70|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$104||$140||$234||$14||$70||$562||$47|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$186||$318||$282||$16||$84||$886||$74|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$104||$174||$240||$14||$72||$604||$50|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$276||$386||$326||$20||$98||$1,106||$92|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$160||$240||$256||$16||$76||$748||$62|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$208||$380||$262||$16||$78||$944||$79|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$208||$380||$262||$16||$78||$944||$79|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$208||$398||$282||$16||$84||$988||$82|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$186||$322||$234||$14||$70||$826||$69|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$276||$386||$326||$20||$98||$1,106||$92|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$174||$354||$302||$18||$90||$938||$78|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$152||$318||$282||$16||$84||$852||$71|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$176||$308||$250||$14||$74||$822||$69|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$144||$272||$324||$20||$96||$856||$71|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$154||$262||$240||$14||$72||$742||$62|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$232||$446||$262||$16||$78||$1,034||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect prices noticeably.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford F-150 in Charlotte, maintaining insurance is required in North Carolina but it also protects you in many ways.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, almost all lenders will require you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Charlotte is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Ford F-150 Insurance Premium Factors
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the things that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower rates.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors that factor into premiums.
Save money by eliminating extra policy coverages - There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren't careful. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and term life insurance are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Deter vehicle theft - Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent vehicle theft.
More traffic means higher claims - Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas have more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Bundle policies and save - Most major insurers apply better rates for people that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, it's still a good idea to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a good possibility that you can find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
More miles equals more premium - The more miles you rack up on your Ford annually the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. A policy that improperly rates your F-150 may be wasting your money. Double check that your car insurance policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle.
Is you job costing you more? - Jobs such as military personnel, social workers and miners usually pay higher average rates attributed to high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, jobs like actors, historians and performers get better rates.
Do you know your comp and collision deductibles? - Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Ford. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, hitting a deer, and damage caused by flying debris. Your deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Performance impacts rates - The type of car you are insuring makes a big difference in determining your rates. The lowest rates are generally reserved for the lowest performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors. Since the Ford F-150 is considered a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price as compared to the average rate in Charlotte.
Ford F-150 claim probability - Companies factor in insurance loss information when they file their rates in each state. Models that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Ford F-150 Insurance Claim Statistics
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD||67||110||39|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD||42||93||72|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD||75||76||101||56||57||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there may be some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but some need to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a home in Charlotte can get you a discount because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better prices if you take out a life policy as well.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Onboard Data Collection - People who choose to allow data collection to spy on driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- E-sign Discounts - A few car insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Good Students Pay Less - Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Charlotte car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Charlotte drivers who stay claim-free pay much less in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don't profit that way.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new graduate, new move discount, safety features, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, and good student.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include good student, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, driver training, and bundle.
- MetLife may include discounts for accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, good student, and defensive driver.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
Double check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply to policies in your area.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What is GAP insurance?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people still prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Charlotte that can give you free Charlotte car insurance quotes to get your business. You don't have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a provider shouldn't rely on just the price. Any agent in Charlotte should be forthright in answering these questions:
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Charlotte for you
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are trained well on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name rather than low price.
Below are Charlotte exclusive agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Daniela Hernandez - State Farm Insurance Agent
5811 Fairview Rd Ste 102 - Charlotte, NC 28209 - (704) 733-9022 - View Map
- David Stroman - State Farm Insurance Agent
210 East Trade Street, C-340 - Charlotte, NC 28202 - (704) 332-1970 - View Map
- Juan Rubio - State Farm Insurance Agent
9401 Statesville Rd Ste E - Charlotte, NC 28269 - (704) 509-5854 - View Map
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are independent agencies in Charlotte that are able to give price quotes.
- Michael A Goodman Insurance Agency Inc
6401 Carmel Rd Ste 208 - Charlotte, NC 28226 - (704) 541-8660 - View Map
- Lawing - Elvington Insurance Agency
6132 Brookshire Blvd b - Charlotte, NC 28216 - (704) 391-8483 - View Map
- Pegram Insurance Agency
9010 Glenwater Dr #103 - Charlotte, NC 28262 - (704) 494-9495 - View Map
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Ford F-150 insurance in Charlotte. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Charlotte car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Cheaper Ford F-150 insurance in Charlotte is definitely available online in addition to many Charlotte insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
When getting Charlotte car insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Durham, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Raleigh, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)