Are you sick and tired of not being able to scrape enough together to keep your car insured? You're in the same situation as most other drivers in North Carolina.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Fuquay-Varina insurance shoppers could save $90 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't understand how simple it is to find cheap car insurance rates. Multiple insurance companies compete for your business, so it's not easy to compare every insurance company to find the lowest price on car insurance.
If you have coverage now or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums without reducing protection. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Fuquay-Varina is not rocket science. Consumers just need to learn the fastest way to compare price quotes online from multiple companies.
Finding cheap Fuquay-Varina auto insurance rates is not a difficult process. All you need to do is spend a few minutes comparing price quotes to find the company with inexpensive Fuquay-Varina auto insurance quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to physically go to all the different Fuquay-Varina insurance agencies. The internet has made agencies unnecessary unless your situation requires the trained guidance only provided by licensed Fuquay-Varina agents. However, consumers can obtain prices from the web but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$736||$368||$61|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$856||$428||$71|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$676||$338||$56|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$666||$333||$56|
|Ford F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$708||$354||$59|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$966||$483||$81|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$996||$498||$83|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$634||$317||$53|
|Honda Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$850||$425||$71|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$822||$411||$69|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$754||$377||$63|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$898||$449||$75|
|Toyota Camry LE||$822||$411||$69|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,008||$504||$84|
|Toyota Tacoma 4WD||$626||$313||$52|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise price quotes significantly.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The illustration below illustrates the difference between insurance premiums for male and female drivers in Fuquay-Varina. The rates are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Honda Pilot EX.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle for a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Good choices result in lower costs
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower rates. Lots of things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although others are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Consolidate home and auto and save - Most major insurers give better rates to clients that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still save more without the discount by buying insurance from a different company.
- Annual mileage impacts rates - Driving a lot of miles in a year's time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating states the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Job reflects on premiums - Occupations such as lawyers, executives and medical professionals usually pay higher rates than average attributed to high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs like scientists, engineers and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Safer the car lower the rate - Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount available, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers pay much less as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Drivers Education - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Defensive Driving Course - Participating in a course in safe driver is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Own a Home and Save - Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Student in College - Children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To see insurers with the best car insurance discounts in Fuquay-Varina in North Carolina, click here.
You can lower your car insurance rates
The cheapest car insurance in Fuquay-Varina can be sourced online in addition to many Fuquay-Varina insurance agents, so get free Fuquay-Varina auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to find cheaper coverage online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest prices are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)