If you are new to getting Raleigh auto insurance quotes online, most likely you are confused by the large number of auto insurance companies that all promise to save you money.
Amazingly, nearly 70% of North Carolina drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in the U.S. can cut their rates by nearly 47% a year, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
Consumers need to check auto insurance prices occasionally because auto insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best rate on Ford Escape insurance in Raleigh two years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to learn how to quote online to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
To get the cheapest Ford Escape rate quotes, there a variety of ways to get quotes from all the different companies. The recommended way to find the cheapest Ford Escape insurance rates consists of shopping online.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more prices gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Raleigh, NC. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$80||$142||$204||$12||$60||$498||$42|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$160||$302||$276||$16||$82||$836||$70|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$160||$312||$222||$14||$66||$774||$65|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$102||$164||$240||$14||$72||$592||$49|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$150||$242||$276||$16||$82||$766||$64|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$194||$356||$218||$12||$66||$846||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in Raleigh location which can alter price quotes substantially.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Ford Escape insurance rates for different age groups. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Ford Escape liability-only versus full coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of Ford Escape auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no written rule to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford Escape claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $400 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and accidents can raise Ford Escape car insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why you need vehicle insurance in North Carolina
Even though Raleigh Escape insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance is required by state law in North Carolina and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford, almost every bank will require you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Don't neglect these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but some need to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Save over 55 - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get lower premium rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with multiple cars on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Student in College - Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Raleigh without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers get the best car insurance rates as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger car insurance companies have lower prices if you buy a life policy as well.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Early Signing - Select insurance companies give a discount for switching companies prior to your current Escape insurance policy expiring. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Accident Waiver - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven't had any claims for a set time period.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including alternative fuel, distant student, homeowner, multi-car, and teen driver.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, federal employee, anti-theft, seat belt use, and military active duty.
- American Family includes discounts for TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, good driver, good student, and air bags.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for good student, family plan, multi-policy, anti-theft, easy pay, business or organization, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
Double check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Raleigh. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer online Ford Escape insurance quotes in North Carolina, follow this link.
Local agents and auto insurance
Many drivers just want to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is definitely important in Raleigh.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Raleigh that can give you free Raleigh auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won't even need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
The difference between Raleigh auto insurance agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it's helpful to know the types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance agencies may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, it's a good idea to include price quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a small list of independent agents in Raleigh that may be able to give pricing information.
- Carolina Capital Insurance Group
1100 Logger Ct., Bldg. D-101 - Raleigh, NC 27609 - (919) 747-9002 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: E Bradford Parker Insurance Agency Inc
1425 Rock Quarry Rd #105a - Raleigh, NC 27610 - (919) 833-6111 - View Map
- Superior Insurance of Raleigh
2431 Spring Forest Rd #123 - Raleigh, NC 27615 - (919) 261-6164 - View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Raleigh exclusive agents willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Lauri W. Fair
9101 Leesville Rd Ste 111 - Raleigh, NC 27613 - (919) 846-3901 - View Map
- Vincent Boone - State Farm Insurance Agent
7850 Alexander Promenade PI #105 - Raleigh, NC 27617 - (919) 957-9009 - View Map
- Suzanne Wilson - State Farm Insurance Agent
8961 Harvest Oaks Dr #205 - Raleigh, NC 27615 - (919) 870-1413 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How are claims handled?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required North Carolina minimum liability coverage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Compare auto insurance rates regularly to save
While you're price shopping online, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost.
Affordable Ford Escape insurance in Raleigh can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in Raleigh, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agents.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims and high prices. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider can be easier than you think.
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)