If you've never shopped for Raleigh car insurance quotes online, most likely you are bewildered by the sheer number insurance agents and companies vying for business in Raleigh.
It's astonishing, but 70% of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. American consumers could save themselves $860 a year, but they don't believe the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
To get affordable Ford Taurus insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare quotes from different companies. The quickest method to find competitive insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies helps increase your odds of locating better pricing.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in North Carolina. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Taurus SEL AWD||$170||$240||$326||$20||$98||$854||$71|
|Taurus Limited AWD||$242||$440||$250||$14||$74||$1,020||$85|
|Taurus SHO AWD||$186||$348||$282||$16||$84||$916||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can impact prices noticeably.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender and age
The diagram below compares Ford Taurus insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford Taurus insurance in Raleigh
Some insurers don't always advertise all discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Raleigh car insurance online.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Telematics Data - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to look at when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Raleigh car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- No Claims - Raleigh drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Drivers Education - Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver's education class if it's offered in school.
- Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current Taurus insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Raleigh car insurance depending on your company.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including IntelliDrive, student away at school, multi-policy, continuous insurance, early quote, and payment discounts.
- 21st Century has savings for early bird, theft prevention, student driver, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, good student, and homeowners.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, good driver, student away at school, multiple policy, accident-free, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, defensive driver, driver training, air bags, and good student.
- SAFECO offers discounts for accident prevention training, safe driver, drive less, multi-car, and homeowner.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-policy, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
When getting free Raleigh car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not be offered in every state. To see a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in North Carolina, click this link.
Protect more than your Ford Taurus
Even though Raleigh Taurus insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Ford Taurus and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
There's no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When selecting the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Ford Taurus?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you may find lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Raleigh.
By using this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Raleigh car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don't have to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Listed below is a list of insurers in Raleigh that can give you price quotes for Ford Taurus insurance in Raleigh.
- Allstate Insurance: Bonnita Hargis
1620 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd #104 - Raleigh, NC 27610 - (919) 250-3606 - View Map
- Alex Burt - State Farm Insurance Agent
3021 Berks Way #102 - Raleigh, NC 27614 - (919) 435-1417 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brandon Reece
9204 Falls of Neuse Rd Ste 100 - Raleigh, NC 27615 - (919) 329-2580 - View Map
- Independent Insurance Agents of North Carolina Inc
101 Weston Oaks Ct - Cary, NC 27513 - (919) 828-4371 - View Map
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. A good agent in Raleigh will have answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in North Carolina?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and damage to your Ford Taurus.
Since many North Carolina drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (North Carolina limits are 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn't cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things such as repair bills for other people's vehicles, bail bonds and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. North Carolina requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Taurus caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Taurus in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like rock chips in glass, hitting a deer and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you'll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for X-ray expenses, pain medications, chiropractic care, surgery and ambulance fees. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible