Are you regretting buying an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, you're not alone.
It's hard to fathom, but 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. North Carolina drivers could save themselves approximately $94 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
You have multiple insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it's nice to have multiple companies, more options can take longer to compare company pricing for Toyota Camry insurance in Raleigh.
You should take the time to compare prices on a regular basis because auto insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best deal on Toyota Camry insurance in Raleigh a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're about to learn the things you must know in order to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Quoting and comparing rates for more affordable policy in Raleigh is not as hard as you may think. Practically anyone who is looking for cheaper car insurance will more than likely be able to find lower rates. But North Carolina consumers must comprehend the way insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates because rates are impacted by many factors.
Buy Raleigh Toyota Camry insurance online
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more will increase your chances of finding a lower rate than you're paying now.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Raleigh, NC. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in Raleigh location which can alter coverage prices greatly.
Driving violations and accidents
The example below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims can influence Toyota Camry insurance premiums for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Don't overlook these Toyota Camry insurance discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Camry insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Onboard Data Collection - Policyholders that allow driving data collection to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Good Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Raleigh car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Buy New and Save - Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Student Driver Training - Teen drivers should enroll in driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Low Miles Discount - Low annual miles could earn cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Driver Training Discounts - Successfully completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will positively reduce the cost of your policy.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, and good driver.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for age of vehicle, multi-car, good driver, accident-free, good student, professional/association, and low natural disaster claims.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include business or organization, anti-theft, accident-free, family plan, defensive driving, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, good driver, multi-car, and education and occupation.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply everywhere. To find insurers who offer cheap Toyota Camry insurance quotes in Raleigh, follow this link.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though Raleigh Camry insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Toyota, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Toyota gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Some consumers would rather talk to a local agent. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important especially in Raleigh.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Raleigh who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you instantly. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurance company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Raleigh will have answers to these questions.
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How long has their agency been in business in Raleigh?
If you receive positive responses for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an provider that can provide insurance coverage. Just keep in mind it's your policy and you can cancel coverage whenever you want so don't think that you are obligated to a specific company for the full policy term.