Want to learn how to save money and find cheaper Honda CR-V insurance in Raleigh? Being forced to pay for pricey auto insurance premiums can eat up your savings account and force you to make tough financial choices. Doing a rate comparison is a great way to lower your bills every month.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that almost 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never shopped around. With the average premium in North Carolina being $1,000, drivers could pocket about $90 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy. Having so many different company options, it can be diffult for drivers to choose the most cost effective insurance company.
Compare Raleigh Honda CR-V insurance quotes
Most of the larger companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm give insurance quotes direct online. Comparing prices online for Honda CR-V insurance in Raleigh doesn't take much effort as you simply enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. When complete, the company's rating system automatically retrieves reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on the information you submitted. Quoting online for Honda CR-V insurance in Raleigh makes it simple to compare prices and it's absolutely necessary to do this if you want to find a lower rate.
To save time and compare rates now, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you complete the form with coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will have rate quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Raleigh, NC. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$182||$366||$256||$16||$76||$896||$75|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$134||$248||$256||$16||$76||$730||$61|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$130||$242||$276||$16||$82||$746||$62|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$174||$264||$286||$16||$86||$826||$69|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$214||$318||$212||$12||$64||$820||$68|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$174||$264||$286||$16||$86||$826||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise insurance rates considerably.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents raise Honda CR-V annual premium costs for each age group. The information is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Get affordable Honda CR-V insurance in Raleigh with discounts
Some providers don't always list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Accident Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your auto insurance provider.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Paper-free Discount - Some of the larger companies will give a small break for signing up on the web.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, multi-car, pay in full, early shopping, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for 55 and retired, multi-policy, youthful driver, driver training, good student, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, defensive driving training, anti-theft, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Allstate has discounts for senior citizen, FullPay discount, farm vehicle, early signing, economy car, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts for military active duty, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, good student, multi-vehicle, federal employee, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Raleigh, click here.
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Raleigh, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your CR-V has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will require you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Honda for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Honda CR-V but also your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Buying from insurance agencies
Many people just prefer to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended Agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Raleigh.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Raleigh that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Independent or Exclusive: It's your choice
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies from which to choose. Car insurance agents in Raleigh are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can handle car insurance, but it's important to know the subtle differences since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Below are independent insurance agents in Raleigh that can possibly get you free car insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Raleigh that are able to give price quote information.
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is assistance available after office hours?