Do you want to save money by finding the cheapest Honda Insight insurance in Raleigh? Trying to find low-cost insurance for your Honda Insight in North Carolina can turn out to be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance and you need to know the best way to compare rates for a new or used Honda and find the lowest possible price.
It's a good idea to do price comparisons once or twice a year since insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best price on Honda Insight insurance in Raleigh at your last renewal a different company probably has better rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're about to learn the tricks you need to know to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Honda Insight insurance in Raleigh.
If you're already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these techniques to buy cheaper auto insurance while maximizing coverage. Quoting and comparing rates for the lowest-priced policy in Raleigh is not as hard as you think. Drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to get comparison rates instantly.
Raleigh car insurance discounts
Some companies don't always publicize every policy discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Clubs and Organizations - Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Telematics Data - Raleigh drivers who agree to allow data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Senior Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a small discount on rates.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Employee of Federal Government - Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with some car insurance companies.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower prices.
Drivers should understand that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, that's just not realistic.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders these benefits include:
If you want cheaper Raleigh auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Raleigh. To find providers that offer many of these discounts in Raleigh, click this link.
Getting low cost insurance pricing is surprisingly easy. Just take a few minutes to compare rates to see which company has inexpensive Raleigh auto insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Raleigh, NC. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can influence coverage prices substantially.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Honda Insight annual premium costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Honda Insight insurance premiums by gender and age
The example below illustrates the difference between Honda Insight insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Raleigh
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in cheaper rates. Many factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
Listed below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
Do women or men drive better? - Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean females are better drivers. Men and women are in fender benders at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
Too many claims and you'll pay more - Companies in North Carolina award discounts to people who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Long commutes cost more - Driving a lot of miles every year the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your policy is rated on the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your Insight may be wasting your money.
Lower coverage deductibles cost more - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more you're willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Auto insurance can be complex
When selecting insurance from an agent or online, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Can good grades get a discount?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
Many drivers would rather buy from a local agent. Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is still important in Raleigh.
After completing this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Raleigh who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to even leave your home because prices are sent to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you would like to find an insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agencies in Raleigh can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the subtle differences because it can factor into your agent selection.
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to compare prices from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies which can save you money.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh who may provide free price quotes.
- Young Insurance Associates, Inc
2609 Atlantic Ave #107 - Raleigh, NC 27604 - (919) 322-4186 - View Map
- Independent Insurance Agents of North Carolina Inc
101 Weston Oaks Ct - Cary, NC 27513 - (919) 828-4371 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Christopher D Edwards Agency
3901 Capital Blvd Ste 121 - Raleigh, NC 27604 - (919) 872-0130 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type write business for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Raleigh that can give you comparison quotes.
- Myron Jarman - State Farm Insurance Agent
2869 Jones Franklin Rd - Raleigh, NC 27606 - (919) 859-5261 - View Map
- Cecil Burt - State Farm Insurance Agent
6837 Falls of Neuse Rd #104 - Raleigh, NC 27615 - (919) 846-8006 - View Map
- Spurling Cook - State Farm Insurance Agent
7501 Creedmoor Rd #114 - Raleigh, NC 27613 - (919) 676-2502 - View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
If you feel you receive reasonable responses to these questions as well as a affordable price, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can provide car insurance coverage. Just keep in mind you are entitled to cancel a policy at any point so never feel that you are permanently stuck with any particular company for any length of time.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Raleigh, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Honda, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at an extremely high rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
Budget-conscious Honda Insight insurance can be found from both online companies and with local Raleigh insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Gastonia, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Forester in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest North Carolina Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Santa Fe in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)