Pricey Nissan Altima insurance in Raleigh can empty your savings and put the squeeze on your family's finances.
Shockingly, most insurance customers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Consumers in North Carolina could save roughly $90 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Due to the abundance of companies and agents to choose from, it's nearly impossible to choose the right insurance provider.
It's a great practice to get comparison quotes occasionally since prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Nissan Altima insurance in Raleigh two years ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to one of the easiest ways to find great coverage at a great price.
The intent of this article is to let you in on the best methods to compare rates and also save some money in the process If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to find better prices using the ideas you're about to read. Vehicle owners just have to learn the most effective way to get comparison rates online.
Best companies for Nissan Altima insurance
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Raleigh, NC. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$102||$200||$282||$16||$84||$684||$57|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$382||$326||$20||$98||$1,046||$87|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$374||$254||$16||$76||$930||$78|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$136||$256||$264||$16||$80||$752||$63|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$276||$456||$326||$20||$98||$1,176||$98|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$116||$272||$296||$18||$88||$790||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Raleigh which can alter rates greatly.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault collisions can drive up Nissan Altima car insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Liability only or full coverage
The example below shows the difference between Nissan Altima auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Nissan Altima claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Nissan Altima insurance premiums for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Raleigh
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower insurance prices. Lots of factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The items below are some of the items insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- High credit saves on insurance - An insured's credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. People that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings. If your credit is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Nissan Altima if you clean up your credit.
- Single drivers take more risk - Being married may cut your premiums when shopping for insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and it's statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Safer cars save money - Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If your Nissan Altima is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Annual miles is a factor - Driving more miles in a year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. An incorrectly rated Altima can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating reflects how each vehicle is driven.
- Do you have a demanding employer? - Careers like real estate brokers, business owners and dentists tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to job stress and long work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, engineers and retirees pay the least.
- Claims statistics for a Nissan Altima - Car insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that tend to have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure.
The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Nissan Altima vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Nissan Altima Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Altima 110 97 119 144 147 114
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may qualify for discounts for Nissan Altima insurance in Raleigh
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before they will apply. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Sign Online - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Clubs and Organizations - Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Driver Training Discounts - Participating in a defensive driving class could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Some insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to spy on their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Altima insurance in Raleigh.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, defensive driver, seat belt use, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including drive less, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, multi-car, anti-theft, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, student away at school, good student, driver's education, passive restraint, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free
- 21st Century has savings for driver training, student driver, good student, theft prevention, teen driver, and 55 and older.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and online quote discount.
If you want cheaper Raleigh car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Raleigh. To find insurance companies with significant discounts in North Carolina, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Raleigh insurance agents?
Some consumers still like to have an agent's advice and that is a personal choice. Agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Raleigh.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find a local Raleigh insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they can write business through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Raleigh that may be able to provide price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. They are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Raleigh willing to provide comparison quotes.
Vincent Boone - State Farm Insurance Agent
7850 Alexander Promenade PI #105 - Raleigh, NC 27617 - (919) 957-9009 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Raleigh should have no problem answering these questions:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
If you get satisfactory answers to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide car insurance.
Lower rates by being persistent
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Nissan Altima insurance rates online in Raleigh. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Raleigh can be found both online and from local agencies, so you need to quote Raleigh car insurance with both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who don't offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Asheville, NC? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much are North Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)