Do you want an efficient way to compare more competitive insurance rates in Lenoir, NC? There isn't anyone who rejoices having to buy insurance, especially when they are aware that they are paying too much.
A recent insurance study revealed that the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared rate quotes at all. Lenoir drivers could save 10% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
You have so many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it's nice to have a choice, it makes it harder to compare company pricing.
You need to quote other rates on a regular basis because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best quotes on insurance a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you're about to learn how to use the internet to find great coverage at a great price.
Take policy discounts and save on auto insurance
Some providers don't always list all discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings.
- Lenoir Homeowners Pay Less - Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Grades Discount - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Safe Driver Discount - Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Professional Organizations - Joining a civic or occupational organization in Lenoir is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- E-sign Discounts - A few insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you're out of luck. But all discounts will definitely lower your overall premium however.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer cheap auto insurance quotes in Lenoir in Lenoir, click here.
Just keep in mind that quoting more helps increase your odds of locating the best price.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Lenoir, NC. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT 2WD||$662||$331||$55|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$838||$419||$70|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$828||$414||$69|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$502||$251||$42|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$688||$344||$57|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$852||$426||$71|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$638||$319||$53|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$636||$318||$53|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$756||$378||$63|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$654||$327||$55|
|Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$610||$305||$51|
|Kia Optima EX||$860||$430||$72|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$958||$479||$80|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$754||$377||$63|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$918||$459||$77|
|Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$834||$417||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can revise auto insurance rates greatly.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders raise Ford Fusion premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Analysis of deductible levels
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Ford F-150 insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why you might pay higher rates in Lenoir
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get cheaper rates.
Listed below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
Lower rates come with age - More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.Inexperience drivers tend to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates.
Car and home together may be cheaper - Most major insurance companies will give better rates to buyers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it's always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal. You may still find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
Type of car, truck or SUV determines base costs - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Economy passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Being married can lower costs - Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums on your insurance policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Adjust deductibles and save - Physical damage insurance, also called 'full coverage', is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are a dented fender, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is mandatory in North Carolina but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don't give up on cheaper coverage
You just read many ideas to save on car insurance in Lenoir. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Retired Military in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable North Carolina Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Chapel Hill, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much are North Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)