Do you want to stop overpaying and find lower-priced car insurance rates in Hope Mills, NC? Hope Mills drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the best price on car insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used and locate the lowest possible price from both online companies and Hope Mills agents.
It's important to do rate comparisons on a regular basis since prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best deal on car insurance at your last renewal you will most likely find a better rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding car insurance online, but we're going to give you a bunch of ideas how to slash your car insurance rates in Hope Mills.
Locating the best rates in Hope Mills is much easier if you know where to start. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to save money using the ideas covered in this article. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of how to compare rates from many different companies.
Auto insurance companies in North Carolina
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in North Carolina. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you get rates from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$852||$426||$71|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Hero||$850||$425||$71|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$904||$452||$75|
|Ford Edge Limited AWD||$826||$413||$69|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$656||$328||$55|
|Ford F-150 FX4 4WD||$686||$343||$57|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$888||$444||$74|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$722||$361||$60|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$664||$332||$55|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$856||$428||$71|
|Kia Optima SX||$982||$491||$82|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$930||$465||$78|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$838||$419||$70|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$792||$396||$66|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$930||$465||$78|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 4WD||$662||$331||$55|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$772||$386||$64|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can change coverage prices significantly.
Can higher deductibles save money?
A question often asked by Hope Mills drivers is the level to set your comp and collision deductibles. The rates shown below can help show the rate fluctuation of buying low and high physical damage deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $250 deductible and the second price table uses a $500 deductible.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$192||$266||$250||$14||$74||$821||$68|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$218||$266||$250||$14||$74||$847||$71|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$218||$266||$250||$14||$74||$847||$71|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$218||$324||$250||$14||$74||$905||$75|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$218||$324||$250||$14||$74||$905||$75|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$218||$324||$250||$14||$74||$905||$75|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$218||$324||$250||$14||$74||$905||$75|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$156||$214||$250||$14||$74||$708||$59|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$176||$214||$250||$14||$74||$728||$61|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$176||$214||$250||$14||$74||$728||$61|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$176||$262||$250||$14||$74||$776||$65|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$176||$262||$250||$14||$74||$776||$65|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$176||$262||$250||$14||$74||$776||$65|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$176||$262||$250||$14||$74||$776||$65|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease premium rates substantially.
Based on the above data, using a $250 deductible costs an average of $10 more each month or $120 each year than buying the higher $500 deductible. Since you would have to pay $250 more out-of-pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally average at a minimum 25 months between claim filings, you would come out ahead going with the higher deductible.
How to calculate if a higher deductible is a good decision
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$73|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||- $63|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$10|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 - $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $10|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||25 months|
Smart consumers save more
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that aid in calculating insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- Liability coverage risk factors in - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you in the event that you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Claim-free discounts can add up - If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in North Carolina give cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Higher prices for coverage lapses - Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to bump up your insurance costs. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the North Carolina department of motor vehicles.
- Can a thief steal your car? - Selecting a car model with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Do you work long hours in a tough job? - Occupations like fire fighters, airline pilots, and medical professionals tend to pay higher rates than average due to high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations such as farmers, engineers and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Get better rates if married - Your spouse helps lower the price on insurance. Marriage is viewed as being less irresponsible and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but a few need to be asked for before being credited.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Hope Mills Homeowners Discount - Just owning your own home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more.
- Driver's Education for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver's education if offered at their school.
- Seat Belts Save - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Air Bag Discount - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few car insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
The best car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, multiple policy, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and good driver.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, anti-theft, membership and employees, seat belt use, and emergency military deployment.
- Allstate may offer discounts for senior citizen, teenSMART discount, defensive driver, farm vehicle, anti-lock brakes, passive restraint, and safe driver.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, homeowner, multi-car, and safe driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for driver training, 55 and retired, good student, youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, pay-in-full, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, and anti-theft.
If you need low cost Hope Mills auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in every state. To locate providers offering car insurance discounts in Hope Mills, click here to view.
Why you might not save $421 a year
Consumers can't get away from all the ads that promise big savings by GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies seem to make the promise that you'll save big if you get a free Hope Mills auto insurance quote and switch your car insurance coverage to their company.
How is it possible that every company can give you a better price on car insurance? It's all in the wording.
Car insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the right customer that will add to their bottom line. A good example of this type of insured could be over age 30, has a low-risk occupation, and drives newer vehicles. A customer who fits that profile may get the lowest auto insurance rates in Hope Mills and will save if they switch.
Drivers who are not a match for the ideal profile may be forced to pay more expensive rates and ends up with the customer not purchasing. The ads state "drivers that switch" not "all people who quote" save that much. That's why insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote. Because of the profiling, it's extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you cannot predict which insurance companies will have better rates than you're paying now.
Quote more and you will save more
There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents. Cost effective auto insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local Hope Mills insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
When shopping online for auto insurance, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to compare auto insurance car insurance rates in Hope Mills. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Hope Mills auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Kannapolis, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Wilmington, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable North Carolina Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)