I really doubt anyone loves paying for car insurance, particularly when the cost is too high.
Shocking but true, about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in North Carolina could cut their rates by as much as $90 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Vehicle owners have multiple auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it's nice to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to find the best rates for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Raleigh.
Locating the best rates in Raleigh is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using this information. But North Carolina drivers need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online and use it to your advantage.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Raleigh
Lots of things are used when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that go into determining car insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you big savings.
- When should you file a car insurance claims? - Companies in North Carolina award lower rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Your car's features help determine car insurance rates - Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Systems that thwart theives like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- How credit rating affects car insurance premiums - Credit score can be an important factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings. So if your credit score is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Mercedes-Benz C350 if you improve your credit rating.
- Big cities have higher costs - Being located in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when it comes to car insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance company rates for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Raleigh takes advantage of the fact almost all companies participate in online systems to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide information including whether or not you need a SR-22, if the car is leased, how many miles driven, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your rating data is automatically sent to insurance companies and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
To get price quotes for your Mercedes-Benz C350 now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in North Carolina. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C350 W 4-Dr Sedan||$170||$348||$262||$16||$78||$874||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in garaging location in Raleigh which can lower or raise insurance rates noticeably.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance premiums with full coverage compared to only the North Carolina minimum liability coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no exact rule to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Mercedes-Benz C350 replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault collisions can increase Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance prices for each different age group. The rates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance companies are expert advertisers
Well-known insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive endlessly run television, radio, and online ads. They all try to convey promises about savings if you move to them. How is it plausible that every one can save you money on Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Raleigh? It's all in the wording.
Most companies require specific criteria for the driver that will be a good risk. An example of this type of risk profile may need to be over the age of 45, has no tickets, and has excellent credit. A propective insured that meets those criteria will get very good Raleigh car insurance rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot on Raleigh Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance if they switch.
Drivers who fall outside this ideal profile will get higher prices and this can result in the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say "drivers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote. Because of this risk profiling, you absolutely need to get as many free Raleigh auto insurance quotes as possible. It is impossible to guess which insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Why you need insurance for your Mercedes-Benz vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance, paying for car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your C350 has a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mercedes-Benz at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Mercedes-Benz C350 but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get cheaper Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance rates in Raleigh
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be significant discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but some need to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Sign Early and Save - Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy early. You may see this discount when you get Raleigh auto insurance quotes online.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total C350 insurance premium.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive and Allstate will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Telematics Discount - People who choose to allow driving data submission to track when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck.
To choose companies that offer the discounts shown above in North Carolina, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people just want to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower premium rates but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that provide free Raleigh auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Raleigh?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
If you want to use a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Raleigh agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Raleigh that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage through many different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to get several quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Raleigh that are able to give price quote information.
If you receive good answers to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, it's possible that you found an insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles.
Don't give up on cheap coverage
Cheaper Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Raleigh can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Raleigh, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to save on Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Raleigh. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable North Carolina Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Apex, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap North Carolina Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)