Do you get exhausted from sacrificing each month for auto insurance? You have the same problem as most other consumers in North Carolina.
Unbelievable but true, over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. The average driver in Mint Hill could save nearly 10% a year just by shopping around, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare other rate quotes. Insurance companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO continually bombard you with ads and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because rates change frequently. Just because you had the best premium rates on auto insurance a year ago a different company probably has better prices today. There is lot of inaccurate information about auto insurance online, but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best ways to lower your auto insurance bill.
Affordable companies for Mint Hill auto insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in North Carolina. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$730||$365||$61|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$658||$329||$55|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$992||$496||$83|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$794||$397||$66|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,042||$521||$87|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$556||$278||$46|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$746||$373||$62|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$694||$347||$58|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$734||$367||$61|
|GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$804||$402||$67|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$632||$316||$53|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$694||$347||$58|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$852||$426||$71|
|Kia Optima SX||$960||$480||$80|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$970||$485||$81|
|Toyota Camry SE||$784||$392||$65|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$1,014||$507||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can change price quotes significantly.
Car insurance cost for men versus women
The chart below shows the difference between yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers in Mint Hill. The rate quotes are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Kia Optima EX.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Discounts to earn lower Mint Hill auto insurance rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied before being credited.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Having primary and secondary vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage can earn discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Government Employee Discount - Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. But any discount should definitely cut the premium cost.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, good student, driver's education, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, federal employee, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for hybrid vehicle, newly married, good student, multi-car, newly retired, and teen driver discount.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, driver training, bundle, and air bag.
- MetLife has discounts for good driver, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
It's a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply everywhere.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my vehicle?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Can you really save that much by switching?
North Carolina drivers can't avoid all the ads that claim the lowest premium rates from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. They all seem to advertise the message that you'll save big if you switch your policy.
It sounds good, but how can they all have lower policy pricing? It's all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have underwriting criteria for the type of driver that earns them a profit. One example of a profitable risk profile might be described as over the age of 35, has never had a claim, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A driver that meets those criteria will get low car insurance rates and will most likely save if they switch.
Consumers who fall short of these standards will have to pay higher premium rates which results in the prospect going elsewhere. The ads say "drivers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much money. That is how companies can truthfully state the savings.
This really emphasizes why you really need to get Mint Hill car insurance quotes as often as possible. You cannot predict which company will be your best fit.
Compare rates regularly to save
When searching for low cost Mint Hill car insurance quotes, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent, poor customer service or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
Cost effective car insurance is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Mint Hill agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers work with independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites: