Do you need a better way to compare cheaper auto insurance rates in Raleigh, NC? Raleigh consumers have lots of choices when looking for low-cost Chevy Silverado insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance so you're going to learn the best way to compare rates for a new or used Chevy and locate the lowest price either online or from Raleigh insurance agents.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Raleigh insurance shoppers could save nearly $100 every year by just shopping around, but they don't believe how much they could save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best rates on Chevy Silverado insurance in Raleigh last year you can probably find a better rate quote now. You can find a lot of wrong information about Silverado insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn a bunch of ideas how to lower your auto insurance premiums.
Low-cost companies for Chevy Silverado insurance
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in North Carolina. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$130||$242||$366||$22||$110||$870||$73|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$94||$154||$256||$16||$76||$596||$50|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$192||$324||$282||$16||$84||$898||$75|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$136||$204||$368||$22||$110||$840||$70|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$166||$318||$262||$16||$78||$840||$70|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$168||$328||$240||$14||$72||$822||$69|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$116||$234||$340||$20||$102||$812||$68|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$166||$334||$318||$18||$96||$932||$78|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$208||$470||$282||$16||$84||$1,060||$88|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$148||$296||$380||$22||$114||$960||$80|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$116||$236||$262||$16||$78||$708||$59|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$208||$432||$366||$22||$110||$1,138||$95|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$220||$420||$290||$18||$86||$1,034||$86|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$198||$352||$256||$16||$76||$898||$75|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$268||$560||$380||$22||$114||$1,344||$112|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$238||$524||$302||$18||$90||$1,172||$98|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$238||$604||$302||$18||$90||$1,252||$104|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$170||$348||$282||$16||$84||$900||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise prices greatly.
Comparison of car insurance rates by age and gender
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Chevrolet Silverado insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Earn discounts on Raleigh insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Professional Organizations - Being in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a home in Raleigh can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, safe driver, drive less, and bundle discounts.
- American Family includes discounts for accident-free, good student, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, good student, claim-free
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and driver training.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, bundle, and air bag.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be offered on policies in Raleigh. To find insurers with discount insurance rates in Raleigh, click this link.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
It's important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices. Lots of things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine prices.
- Liability coverage limits should be high - The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Traffic violations increase premiums - Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Having just one chargeable violation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have gotten careless citations like reckless driving or DUI are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Incidental coverages are wasting money - There are a lot of additional coverages that can waste your money when buying auto insurance. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you don't need them remove them from your policy.
- Urban areas may pay more - Being located in a rural area can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims. Urban drivers regularly have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. More time commuting statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Save mileage and save money - The more you drive your Chevy each year the higher your rate. A lot of companies calculate rates based on their usage. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Silverado may be wasting your money. Double check that your auto insurance coverage correctly shows the correct driver usage.
- Marriage discount - Getting married can actually save you money on auto insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Age of drivers impacts rates - Drivers with little experience have been known to be more careless behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. If you've ever had to add a teenage driver to your policy can be quite pricey. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Insurance loss data for Chevy Silverado vehicles - Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help calculate premium rates. Models that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more to insure. The table below shows the collected loss data for Chevy Silverado vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Chevrolet Silverado Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD 76 118 85 78 69 125 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD 60 76 72 54 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 89 103 131 77 70 94 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 96 105 116 57 57 87 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 90 126 100 88 85 117 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 84 98 89 60 60 88 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD 60 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD 66 97 66 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 76 127 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 88 114 97 45 42 82 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD 80 54 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 79 105 83 37 43 75 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD 65 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 98 127 108 54 39 76 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD 129 127
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When do I need an agent's advice?
Always remember that when buying a policy, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your auto insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Chevy Silverado?
- Can good grades get a discount?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Local insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Raleigh.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Raleigh who will give you bids to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Raleigh?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
If you receive reasonable responses for all questions you ask and the cheapest Chevrolet Silverado insurance in Raleigh quotes, you've probably found an insurance company that meets the requirements to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Consumers can't get away from all the ads that claim the lowest prices by companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads advertise claims that drivers can save some big amount if you move your auto insurance coverage to their company.
How does every auto insurance company make the same claim? It's all in how they say it.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that will be a good risk. A good example of a driver they prefer might have to be between the ages of 30 and 45, has had continuous coverage, and does not commute to work. Someone who fits that profile will get the preferred prices in Raleigh as well as save if they switch.
Potential customers who are not a match for these criteria will see higher premium rates and this results in the customer buying from someone else. The ad wording is "drivers that switch" not "all people who quote" will save that much if they switch. That's the way insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers should get as many free Raleigh car insurance quotes as possible. It is just not possible to predict the company that will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Persistence pays off
You just learned many ways to shop for Chevy Silverado insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Cheaper car insurance in Raleigh is possible from both online companies in addition to many Raleigh insurance agents, so you need to shop Raleigh car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers don't offer online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Concord, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)