Are you overwhelmed by the number of auto insurance sources that you can choose from? Lot's of other drivers are too. You have such a vast assortment of sources available that it is a chore to find lower prices on Ford Focus insurance. Charlotte is a wonderful place to live, but budgeting for expensive auto insurance can make it very difficult to be able to buy decent coverage.
Sad but true, a large majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Consumers in the U.S. could save themselves as much as $850 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't believe the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy.
You need to price shop coverage once or twice a year since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Ford Focus insurance in Charlotte a few years ago there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of wrong information about Focus insurance on the internet, but I'm going to show you some of the best techniques to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Charlotte.
Cheap auto insurance in Charlotte, NC
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Charlotte, NC. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$106||$222||$240||$14||$72||$654||$55|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$130||$270||$234||$14||$70||$718||$60|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$560||$336||$20||$100||$1,224||$102|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$118||$302||$262||$16||$78||$776||$65|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$192||$382||$282||$16||$84||$956||$80|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$136||$240||$368||$22||$110||$876||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Charlotte which can influence rates noticeably.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents influence Ford Focus insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Charlotte
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine your rates.
- Youthful drivers cost more - Inexperience drivers are known to be inattentive when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older people have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Raising comp and collision deductibles lowers costs - Protection for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Vehicle options that lower insurance rates - Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop car theft.
- Don't get traffic citations - Your driving citation history impacts premiums far more than you think. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don't get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have multiple violations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state's licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Ford Focus claim data - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford Focus vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Ford Focus Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Focus 106 98 90 103 109 111 Ford Focus Electric 87 85 66
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get lower-cost Ford Focus insurance in Charlotte with discounts
Some companies don't necessarily list all available discounts very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden ways to save on insurance. If you're not getting every credit possible, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Life Insurance Discount - Select insurance carriers reward you with lower premium rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Early Signing - A few larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- New Vehicle Savings - Putting insurance on a new Focus is cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
- SAFECO offers discounts for homeowner, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, multi-car, and teen safe driver.
- American Family includes discounts for Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, good driver, and air bags.
- MetLife has discounts for claim-free, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, and defensive driver.
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and driver training.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, air bag, vehicle fuel type, good student, and defensive driver.
If you need cheaper Charlotte auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Charlotte. To see insurers who offer cheap Ford Focus insurance quotes in North Carolina, click this link.
Local Charlotte insurance agencies and insurance
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Charlotte who will give you bids for your business. You never need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an provider needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Charlotte can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people use the same agent partially due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Charlotte that can give you price quotes.
- Michael Grant - State Farm Insurance Agent
1727 East Blvd - Charlotte, NC 28203 - (704) 373-7444 - View Map
- Kyle Fadeley - State Farm Insurance Agent
13551 Steelecroft Pkwy #120 - Charlotte, NC 28278 - (704) 588-5585 - View Map
- Howard Johnson Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
5342 Docia Crossing Rd a - Charlotte, NC 28269 - (704) 947-7233 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you need lower rates, it's recommended you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with companies you've never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Charlotte who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Pegram Insurance
4420 C The Plaza - Charlotte, NC 28215 - (704) 563-4343 - View Map
- Patriot Insurance Agencies
9620 Monroe Rd - Charlotte, NC 28270 - (704) 644-3058 - View Map
- O H Walker Insurance Agency Inc
2210 Crownpoint Executive Dr - Charlotte, NC 28227 - (704) 814-4343 - View Map
You can lower your car insurance rates
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for Ford Focus insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Charlotte auto insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service and lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
When getting Charlotte auto insurance quotes online, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
For more information, link through to the resources below: