Want to know how to find lower-priced car insurance rates in Greensboro, NC? Think you have an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? It's a common feeling and many consumers are feeling buyer's remorse and feel like there's no way out.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Consumers in Greensboro could save nearly 10% each year, but they don't want to spend time to do a rate comparison.
Many car insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it's not easy to compare every provider and uncover the absolute best rate on car insurance.
It's a good idea to compare premium rates before your policy renews because insurance prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on car insurance a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of wrong information about car insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some great ideas on how to reduce your car insurance bill.
If you're already insured, you will be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the techniques covered below. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Greensboro is not that difficult. But North Carolina consumers do need to know the way companies determine how much to charge and apply this information to your search.
When shopping for insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rates from local Greensboro insurance companies. The quickest method to find cheaper rates consists of shopping online.
It's so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it takes the place of having to go to local Greensboro insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the trained guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. It is possible to get prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent. When price shopping your coverage, more quotes increases your odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 4WD||$748||$374||$62|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$952||$476||$79|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab||$886||$443||$74|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$698||$349||$58|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$996||$498||$83|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$836||$418||$70|
|Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$860||$430||$72|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$646||$323||$54|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$564||$282||$47|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$716||$358||$60|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Hyundai Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$986||$493||$82|
|Kia Optima LX||$840||$420||$70|
|Mazda 3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$882||$441||$74|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$710||$355||$59|
|Toyota Camry SE||$906||$453||$76|
|Toyota Corolla S||$922||$461||$77|
|Toyota Tacoma 4WD||$744||$372||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise coverage rates substantially.
Greensboro insurance costs by gender and age
The chart below illustrates the difference between car insurance rates for male and female drivers in Greensboro. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Toyota Camry LE.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders raise GMC Acadia car insurance rates for different age groups. The data is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Greensboro, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in North Carolina and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's most likely the lender will require you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Greensboro overpays more than $850 per year so compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Lower-cost Greensboro car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Insuring multiple cars on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Defensive Driver - Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Buy New and Save - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Greensboro auto insurance quote.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like GEICO and Allstate permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Sign Early and Save - A few car insurance companies give discounts for switching policies early. This can save 10% or more.
It's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- Travelers may have discounts that include save driver, early quote, new car, driver training, and good student.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, easy pay, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for bundle discounts, multi-car, distant student, teen driver, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, and homeowner.
- Esurance has discounts for good student, paid-in-full, safety device, emergency road assistance, online quote, and renters.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, student away at school, good student, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for annual mileage, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, anti-theft, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some credits may not apply in every state.
When to have guidance from an agent
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is still important in Greensboro.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to companies in Greensboro who will give competitive quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you need to find a local Greensboro insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Greensboro who can help you get free rate quotes.
These agents can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Greensboro that can give you rate quotes.
Jim Degraphenreid - State Farm Insurance Agent
4218 Hilltop Rd - Greensboro, NC 27407 - (336) 854-1737 - View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- What companies can they write with?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to coverage, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation could use an agent's help.
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Lower-priced auto insurance in Greensboro is possible from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don't offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
We just showed you many tips how you can shop for auto insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
As you quote Greensboro auto insurance, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)