Locating the cheapest insurance for a Scion tC in North Carolina can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Scion and get the lowest possible price either online or from Raleigh insurance agents.
It's a good idea to do price comparisons every six months because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest price on Scion tC insurance in Raleigh last year there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I'm going to teach you how to use the internet to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you are already insured or just want a better rate, you can use these techniques to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. Finding quotes for the best insurance in Raleigh can be fairly easy. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the most efficient way to compare different rates online from multiple companies.
Finding more affordable Scion tC auto insurance rates is actually quite simple. Just take time getting comparison quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TC 2-Dr Hatchback||$102||$272||$352||$20||$106||$852||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific Raleigh garaging location which can impact coverage rates noticeably.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The example below shows how traffic citations and accident claims can affect Scion tC car insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Where to set your deductibles
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect Scion tC insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Scion in Raleigh, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Scion tC with a loan, it's most likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Scion at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Scion gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so it's important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Verify you're earning every discount
Some insurers don't always advertise every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so we break down both the well known and the more hidden insurance savings. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Responsible Drivers - Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm and Progressive will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Driver Safety - Taking part in a course teaching safe driver skills could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Paperless Signup - Certain larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting insurance on a new tC can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total tC insurance premium.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your policy premium.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, safe vehicle, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for teen driver, mature driver, youthful driver, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, business and professional, and homeowner.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, seat belt use, daytime running lights, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for teen driver, safe vehicle, anti-lock brakes, company car, mature driver, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford offers discounts for driver training, defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including 55 and retired, good student, multi-policy, safe driver, renewal discount, and driver training.
- USAA may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, driver training, family discount, loyalty savings, good student, and new vehicle.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Raleigh. For a list of providers who offer discounts in Raleigh, click here to view.
Buying from insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local agents is important particularly in Raleigh.
By using this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Raleigh who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they operate. Agencies in Raleigh can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can write policy coverage, but we need to point out why they differ since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, it's recommended you get several quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Carter Glass Insurance Agency
5901 Falls of Neuse Rd - Raleigh, NC 27609 - (919) 872-1778 - View Map
- ACF Insurance Services, Inc.
4634 Capital Blvd - Raleigh, NC 27604 - (919) 878-7786 - View Map
- Superior Insurance of Raleigh
2431 Spring Forest Rd #123 - Raleigh, NC 27615 - (919) 261-6164 - View Map
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Raleigh who can help you get rate quotes.
- Spurling Cook - State Farm Insurance Agent
7501 Creedmoor Rd #114 - Raleigh, NC 27613 - (919) 676-2502 - View Map
- Alex Burt - State Farm Insurance Agent
3021 Berks Way #102 - Raleigh, NC 27614 - (919) 435-1417 - View Map
- Karen Boone - State Farm Insurance Agent
5603 Creedmoor Rd - Raleigh, NC 27612 - (919) 782-6666 - View Map
Picking a insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How are claims handled?
- How long has their agency been in business in Raleigh?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you could use an agent's help.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required North Carolina minimum liability coverage?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Cheaper insurance rates are possible
We just showed you many ideas to find affordable Scion tC insurance in Raleigh. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Raleigh can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Raleigh, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
More information can be found at these links:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Kannapolis, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Used Cars in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Wilson, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in High Point, NC? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Apex, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)