Would you prefer to buy the cheapest auto insurance rates in Raleigh, NC? Raleigh buyers have a choice when searching for affordable Volkswagen Jetta insurance. They can either waste time calling around trying to get quotes or use the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online so we're going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage on a Volkswagen and find the best price possible from both online companies and Raleigh agents.
These techniques will introduce you to the most effective way to quote insurance and also save some money in the process If you have a current insurance policy, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using these tips. Smart shoppers only need to know the most efficient way to compare rate quotes from multiple carriers.
Companies offering Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Raleigh
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Raleigh, NC. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$446||$302||$18||$90||$1,066||$89|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$152||$256||$216||$12||$64||$700||$58|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$318||$282||$16||$84||$866||$72|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$470||$282||$16||$84||$1,060||$88|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$152||$302||$222||$14||$66||$756||$63|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$446||$282||$16||$84||$1,036||$86|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$560||$336||$20||$100||$1,284||$107|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$186||$394||$240||$14||$72||$906||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can revise premium rates substantially.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Volkswagen Jetta annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender and age in Raleigh
The chart below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before being credited.
- Drivers Education - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver's education if offered at their school.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Professional Memberships - Affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a new Jetta can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- E-sign - A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on your computer.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Student in College - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Raleigh and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Government Employee Discount - Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Raleigh car insurance but check with your company.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky. Any amount of discount will help reduce the cost of your policy.
If you would like to view insurers who offer cheap Volkswagen Jetta insurance quotes in Raleigh in North Carolina, click this link.
Components of Your Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
- Keep the miles off and save - Driving a lot of miles each year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Having the wrong rating on your Jetta can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your car insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- City traffic equals higher rates - Residing in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Fewer people means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. More time behind the wheel translates into higher accident risk.
- Deter theft and pay less - Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent your car from being stolen.
- More performance means higher prices - The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The most favorable rates tend to be for economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Due to the fact that the Volkswagen Jetta is considered a compact car, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower when compared to the average rates in Raleigh.
- With age comes responsibility - Young drivers in North Carolina are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving so car insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Insurance loss data for a Volkswagen Jetta - Companies factor in historical loss data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Jetta 110 118 93 113 123 127 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid 128 121 114 104
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Some consumers just want to have an agent's advice and that is a smart decision Agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Raleigh.
By using this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Raleigh who will give you quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
If you want to use a reliable agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Raleigh agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it's good to learn why they differ since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Raleigh who may be able to give you price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Terry E Nobles
557 Pylon Dr a - Raleigh, NC 27606 - (919) 833-3803 - View Map
- Young Insurance Associates, Inc
2609 Atlantic Ave #107 - Raleigh, NC 27604 - (919) 322-4186 - View Map
- Clark Insurance Agency
4004 Barrett Dr #206 - Raleigh, NC 27609 - (919) 844-2995 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Raleigh that can give you price quote information.
- Gina Tickle - State Farm Insurance Agent
8212 Creedmoor Rd #101 - Raleigh, NC 27613 - (919) 847-9774 - View Map
- Cecil Burt - State Farm Insurance Agent
6837 Falls of Neuse Rd #104 - Raleigh, NC 27615 - (919) 846-8006 - View Map
- Doug Wingate - State Farm Insurance Agent
2414 Wycliff Rd #110 - Raleigh, NC 27607 - (919) 787-0888 - View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Raleigh?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Cheaper insurance rates are possible
We just showed you many ways to save on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Raleigh. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Raleigh car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Lower-priced Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Raleigh can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers don't offer online price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Durham, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Kannapolis, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable North Carolina Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable North Carolina Car Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- How Much are North Carolina Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)